Welcome to www.harbridgepartners.com (the “Website”). This website is the property of Harbridge Partners Limited (“Harbridge Partners”) (HP).
Harbridge Partners is an international, executive recruitment agency that specialises in the connection of legal, banking and finance professionals working in areas such as the legal, banking, finance and other professional functions with our local, regional and international clients. The registered address of Harbridge Partners in Hong Kong is Room A, 10/F, Wing Hing Commercial Building, 139-143 Wing Lok Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.
We take the privacy of all visitors to this Website very seriously and hence we set out in this privacy and cookies policy (the “Policy”), how we process the personal information we collect about you when you use our website or communicate with us via email. Hence, HP makes every endeavour to protect the personal information provided by candidates, clients and business partners, so that such information is utilised in accordance with clients’ desire. HP Partners ensures that the usage of personal information is in line with the Personal Data Privacy Ordinance of Hong Kong (PDPO), while also meeting the data privacy requirements of jurisdictions which our client belongs to.
Prior to working with us, we urge you to read our Policy to better understand how we maintain our site, and how we may collect and use visitor data.
Collection of Personal data during application
What information we collect about you?
If you are a candidate or prospective candidate, we will collect personal information when you register with us or contact us via our website, or by any other means to register an interest in being considered for a new role or we have sourced publicly available data from platforms such as LinkedIn.
Below are examples of personal data that we may collect and store:
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your email address
- Your contact telephone numbers
- Your current basic salary and salary expectations
- Your notice periods
- Your CV
- Your employment history
- Expectations in your next role such as location, position, etc.
- Any employment references you may provide, or we may receive on your behalf
- Any publicly available information visible on your LinkedIn profile
Why do we collect and store your personal data?
Relevant Personal Data are collected for assessment of your employment opportunities and/or to provide you with any of our other services, such as pertinent, contemporary market information. We also intend to use your personal data to compile market statistics and to enable direct marketing / marketing activity regarding to the job market to you. All data collected through HP is for the sole use of HP and they will be treated in strictest confidence.
Collection and provision of information through data and marketing activities
Provision of information
HP and our partners will, on occasions, proffer you with information through direct marketing activity. This can include but is not limited to information on our services, products / solutions, events, seminars, promotions, press releases, career opportunities, invitations to join surveys and technology updates.
While we do intend to utilise your personal data for direct marketing and non-direct marketing purposes in future communication updates, you are always free to stop receiving the updates and news from us. Should you object to our use of your personal data and wish to stop receiving information, or you would like to update your personal information, please kindly email to email@example.com with your full name and email address, and please specify the application channel and date. Upon receiving your email, we will assist you consequently.
HP collects and processes information from clients, suppliers, vendors, and third parties about individuals who work for these companies with whom we do business. We also collect information from candidates at several different points in the registration process.
Data collecting processes will include (but is not limited to):
For business partners and clients:
- Establish and maintain a business relationship with the company
- Inform company personnel about additional business opportunities
- For customary internal purposes, such as finance and accounting functions, legal functions, management functions
- Manage any legal claims and actions, compliance with government requirements and other legal obligations and regulatory purposes
- Online inquiries or submissions
- Information collected during telephone screening and face to face interviews (inclusive of live meeting room video conferencing and recording)
- Reference and verification taking
- Information gathered during the recruitment process completed on behalf of clients (e.g., following interviews or gathering of further information)
- For placed candidates, please note for the purpose of complying with the Employment Ordinance Section 56 that HP (Employment Agency Licensee) shall maintain a record of your name, address, Hong Kong Identity Card number (in the case of a non-resident, passport number and citizenship).
Why are these cookies used?
Cookies may be used for many different purposes. For example, cookies can be used to show that you have visited our website before and to identify which parts of the site you might be most interested in. Cookies can also improve your online experience by storing your preferences during your visit to our website and allowing us to identify your computer (but not you) the next time you visit the website. It can be used to track website usage (anonymously) and adapt the website so that it better suits your interests.
All emails and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. Accordingly, you should never present any message to another party without first gaining permission from the sender. Any views stated in such communication are those of the actual sender and not necessarily those of Harbridge Partners Ltd.
Disclosure of Information
HP is the owner of the information, data collected during business operation, registration, interviewing, human resources and screening process. We will never sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
Data can be disclosed as follows:
- To provide recruitment services for job seekers and companies with staffing needs; we may use your personal data (which may include name, ID, gender, address, email address and professional related information such as but not limited to dates of employment, years of experience, specialist knowledge, track record etc.);
- Your resume and personal data will be viewable and searchable internally and may be forwarded, transmitted, or ported to recruiters within HP, including HP business partners around the world;
- Ongoing discussions with regard to potential employment opportunities as recruitment needs of clients;
- Discussions with professional advisors (including lawyers and auditors);
- With any agent, including but not limited to business partners, contractors or third party service providers who provide web site administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to HP in connection with the operation of its business;
- To law-enforcement or government bodies, regulatory bodies, courts or as required by law;
- To any person to whom HP is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on HP or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which HP is expected to comply;
- Subject to your consent, we may use the data collected for marketing the services and/or products (direct or indirect marketing information, third party reward, loyalty and privilege programs, co-branding, social network services) relating to us, our affiliated companies, business partners of HP group of companies. We may dispatch to you the promotional information via direct marketing telephone calls, e-mail, e-message, facsimile, direct mailings etc. We will enquire your preference on marketing analysis, nature of services and/or products before we provide you with the direct marketing promotional materials.
All information is provided on a voluntary basis. HP reserves the right to verify information supplied voluntarily by candidates. Such verification may include, but is not limited to, the checking of academic qualifications with issuing authorities, the confirmation of previous employment records including salary details and the contacting of designated referees.
HP reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users. We reserve the right to share aggregated information with third parties for the purpose assisting you in your search for a new career position or to send you information relating to the type of jobs you are interested in and your workplace concerns in order to provide you with the best possible service.
HP through the course of normal business, will disclose information to third parties as per the details outlined in this agreement. Those that receive personal information may retain it in their own files or databases. HP is not responsible for the retention, use, or privacy practices of clients or partners.
Retention of Personal Data
Candidates registering with HP have the right of access to personal data for the purpose of correcting, updating or removing it from our database. Otherwise, candidate data will be retained in order to assist candidates with long-term career development.
In the event that your application is unsuccessful for the nominated position(s), your personal data will be retained by Harbridge Partners in your confidential personnel file to consider your suitability for other positions with prospective employers. The reason for retention of personal data is that you acknowledged and consent to your Personal Data being used by Harbridge Partners personnel for application of nominated positions. However, you can request deletion of this information in any time in accordance with the law.
HP may destroy any personal data it may hold in accordance with internal policy. Personal data will only be retained if HP needs it, subject to an exception – to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations or for the purpose of investigation, detection and prosecution of crime.
Your Privacy Rights
- Has the right to check whether HP holds any personal data about him/her and has a right to receive copies of such data;
- Has the right to require HP to correct any personal data relating to him/her which is inaccurate; and
- Has the right to ascertain HP’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by HP.
Acceptance of Our Privacy Practices
Requests for access to personal data, correction of personal data, information relating to the kind of data held, or to stop receiving or re-commence receiving direct marketing information may be made in writing by email. Should you have any questions, concerns or complaints with regard to Data Privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please specify application channel and date, and we will assist upon receipt of your email.
Note: Should you become our employee or consultant / contractor through HP to our clients, attention is drawn to the relevant HP Employee Privacy Statement.
IMPORTANT: Please do not submit your information if you do not consent to the attached terms and conditions.