Harbridge Partners Limited
Central & Western Area
Posted on 16-Jan-23
- SFC,Due Diligence,Compliance,Fund&Asset Management
- Legal,Consultancy,First Class Communication Skills
- Secretarial, Compliance or Professional services
Title: Trainee Consultant/Associate Consultant (Hong Kong Island)
Location: Central, Hong Kong
Our client is an established and independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a pan-asia and global offering and headquartered in Hong Kong. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
Their Funds & Asset Management team is looking for a highly motivated graduate, proactive yet disciplined compliance associate to provide high quality advice to our clients. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
Some of the areas you can expect to assist clients in include:
- Carrying out project work for clients
- Drafting and maintaining policies, procedures, and compliance monitoring programmes
- Developing training materials and assisting in delivering training sessions (e.g. to staff, SFC licensed professionals and Board members)
- Assisting clients with regulatory processes including authorisation applications, variations of permission and changes of control
- Carrying out compliance health checks and periodic monitoring (including client file reviews)
- Regulatory due diligence on acquisition targets
- Responding to ad-hoc and routine regulatory queries
You will have a minimum of 2 years demonstrable secretarial, compliance or professional services sector experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator, ideally with experience in funds, private equity, corporate finance, asset management and/or real estate firms.
It is expected that you will have a 2:1 degree and be prepared to work towards or already hold a professional financial services qualification. You also need first class communication skills, a passion for solving interesting problems and have an interest in learning how to manage relationships with clients and the wider team.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
In return we offer
The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving, stimulating environment
- Stong career development support – mentoring, coaching, relevant training and development – to enable your progression to consultant
- The opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, our team of regulatory experts who are truly committed to assisting your development
- A small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy
- A competitive salary, performance-related discretionary bonus, and generous flexible benefits package.
Please note, given the entrepreneurial and small office set-up currently – the person must be flexible and unpretentious. and will be expected to be flexible on undertaking sometimes mundane and administrative work on behalf of clients or for the company. It is an open plan office and there is a culture of open collaboration, continuous training and learning.
What’s on offer:
- We offer attractive remuneration package, including private medical insurance and Annual Paid leave that rises to 18 days Annual Leave after probationary period to the right candidate:
If you are interested, please submit your application to our Executive Consultants: Gin Wong or Edward Chen of Harbridge Partners
Telephone +852 2523 9994
We regret that only candidates with fluent spoken and written Chinese skills will be considered.
Harbridge Partners Limited
Employment Agency Licence: 68770