Harbridge Partners Limited
Central & Western Area
Posted on 27-Aug-22
- Experience in UNIX system administration, LINUX,
- Knowledge in technical support&systems admin role
- Experience understanding system architecture desig
Systems Administrator UNIX
Our client is one of the major banking groups with an excellent work life balance culture.
(Candidates with prior banking systems admin experience can cross train from Linux to UNIX)
- Perform Unix system administration including system setup and configuration, software installation, patch upgrade, system monitoring and health checks.
- Responsible for system troubleshooting and performance turning.
- Manage capacity monitoring on system and applications.
- Provide advice and consultancy service to project team with system architecture design.
- Revise technical standard guidelines adhering to Internal IT audit regulations.
- Teamwork in a systems admin role with other likeminded ‘techy’ people
- Degree holder in information technology, computer science or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years working experience in UNIX system administration
- Solid knowledge in technical infrastructure environment and experience in system architecture design
- Understanding of IBM AIX or Solaris system and middleware products such as WebSphere, MQSeries and HACMP is preferred
- Proficiency in shell scripting or similar
- Experience in system performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience in IBM, HDS, EMC or other storage vendor’s mid-range and high-end storage is an added value
- Self-motivated, and willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Occasionally work out of office hours for urgent issues supporting
- Good interpersonal and communication skill with a good command of spoken and written Chinese (Cantonese) and English, knowledge of Mandarin is a plus, although this is not a mainland banking group.