Our client is a reputable State-owned fully licensed firm ( SFC type 1,4,6,9). Their core business covers corporate finance and asset management. They are now looking for a Hong Kong-qualified lawyer who is experienced in bonds to join them as their Senior Legal Counsel.
- Advising and supporting management and business by offering an active and competent support on work in the area of SFC licensed activities.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal and transaction-specific documentation
- Identifying and analyzing legal and regulatory risks and communicating with business and management on risks and resolution of such risks
- Ensure all activities in the company are in compliance with SFO by assessing impact of regulatory changes and advise on updating compliance policies.
- Ensure all activities in the company are in compliance with the Securities and Futures Ordinance by assessing impact of regulatory changes and advise on updating compliance policies and Instructing and managing external counsels to ensure high quality of services
- Providing legal support for other commercial and corporate matters
- Hong Kong qualified solicitor with minimum 5 years post qualified experience.
- 2 years or above experience gained from SFC licensed financial institutions.
- Experienced in either type 6 or type 9 activities.
- Fluent in Mandarin is necessary.
- Excellent research skills, good interpersonal skills and judgment;
- Detail-oriented, able to work independently and under pressure.
Job Functions: Legal / Governance / Risk / Compliance
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Years of Experience: 5 Years