- Senior Legal Counsel, HK solicitor, PE, ibank
- In-house legal, SFC type 6 and 9,direct investment
- HK qualified solicitor, fluent in Mandarin
Our client is a reputable State owned investment bank and asset management platform which focus on IPO,DCM, M&A, PE Direct Investment and fund management. They are now looking for a Hong Kong qualified legal professional to join them as their Senior Legal Counsel, Associate Director.
- Advising and supporting management and business by offering an active and competent support on work in the area of type 6 and type 9 activities as well as non SFC regulated investment activities(PE direct investment, prop trading).
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal and transaction-specific documentation
- Identifying and analyzing legal and regulatory risks and communicating with business and management on risks and resolution of such risks
- Ensure all activities in the company are in compliance with SFO by assessing impact of regulatory changes and advise on updating compliance policies and assisting in pre-action/litigation matters.
- Ensure all activities in the company are in compliance with Banking Ordinance by assessing impact of regulatory changes and advise on updating compliance policies and Instructing and managing external counsels to ensure high quality of services
- Providing legal support for other commercial and corporate matters
- Hong Kong qualified solicitor with minimum 7 years in house or practising experience.
- 8 years or above experience gained from financial institutions or law firms;
- Experience in corporate, commercial and SFC regulated activities preferred;
- Fluent in Mandarin is necessary.
- Excellent research skills, good interpersonal skills and judgment;
- Detail-oriented, able to work independently and under pressure.
Job Functions: Banking / Financial Services / Insurance Legal / Governance / Risk / Compliance
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Years of Experience: 7 Years