ECM & Head of Investment Banking USA (Managing Director)
A global Nasdaq-listed boutique Investment bank and fund house. Their business covers IPO, ECM, M&A, Asset Management and investment management in China. Hong Kong, Singapore and New York. IWth exciitng growth plans expand their investment banking business in HK and the US hence looking for a team of high-caliber candidates to supplement thier ECM, M&A, and IPOs divisions. Strong understanding of SEC F3 capital raising and IPOs is deisred. Can be based in HK or USA.
- Leading and mentoring a team in capital markets sales heading the ECM, institutional sales and IPO functions. Working with the IPO team on distributing and finding suitable cornerstone investors and banking & finance firms to co-underwrite the deals.
- To source, roadshow, execute and market the deals including upstream Series A to pre-IPO fundraising to downstream IPOs and block trades
- To assist corporate finance, brokerage and asset management department on deals execution and distribution.
- Develop the institutional client base of both Overseas (ideally USA) and Hong Kong (fund houses, private equity, capital and institutional investors)
- Achieve sales objectives including IPOs, private and secondary market placements.
- Handle business development of secondary market trading by institutional clients
- Provide sales services and account management.
- To manage and expand the institutional sales team
- To participate in strategic planning of the company not limit to sales department, but includes the research dept and ECM dept
- To source deals including IPOs, block trade and private equity deals for the company.
- Cultivate relationships with institutional portfolio managers and deliver superior investment ideas.
- Manage company and analyst marketing, meetings, conference calls, and industry events with clients in a demanding, entrepreneurial and dynamic team environment.
- Day-to-day management of relationships with asset managers /portfolio managers, buy-side analysts, hedge fund managers, pension funds, traders
- Ensuring that firm research is disseminated and company management teams are introduced to appropriate clients.
- Penetrate potential new clients through the appropriate selective deployment of the research platform. Sale is consultative. Meetings with appropriate Company team members is key.
- Provide timely feedback to the team of client interaction, comments, concerns, etc. to ensure the highest level of performance on behalf of the Firm.
- Continually monitor research applications for developments, industry impacts, and related news items to inform accounts of events that could impact their holdings accurately.
- Should be able to obtain FINRA registrations and relocate to the USA
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Minimum 8 years of experience in ECM, institutional equities sales, IPOs or relevant industry experience
- Strong understanidng of US SEC F3 capital raising requirements for foreign firms to raise capital or list in the US markets.
- Expert knowledge and experience in capital markets and investment banking activities
- Strong sales and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and a team play, can work under pressure
- Excellent Command of Mandarin preferred
- International and friendly company culture.
- Package,bonus and incentives relfecting the seniority and importance of this role
- Great annual leave package
- Great Career progression.
- Fully comprehensive medical insurance and personal insurance
- Great Pension Scheme