The platform is a Nasdaq-listed boutique Investment bank and fund house with PRC background. Their business covers IPO, ECM, Asset Management and investment management in China and New York. They are now interested in expanding their investment banking business in HK hence looking for a high-caliber candidate as their ECM, Head of Institutional Sales (Managing Director).
- Leading a team of 4, your sole duties would be heading the ECM, institutional sales function. Working with the IPO team on distributing equities to suitable investors.
- To source and distribute deals including upstream Series A to pre-IPO fundraising to downstream IPOs and block trades
- To assist corporate finance, brokerage and asset management department on deals execution and distribution.
- Develop the institutional client base in both Overseas and Hong Kong (fund houses and institutional investors)
- Achieve sales tasks including IPOs and secondary market placements.
- Handle business development of secondary market trading by institutional clients
- Provide sales services and account management.
- To manage and expand the institutional sales team
- To participate in strategic planning of the company not limit to sales department, but includes the research dept and ECM dept
- To source deals including IPOs, block trade and private equity deals for the company.
- Cultivate relationships with institutional portfolio managers and deliver superior investment ideas.
- Manage company and analyst marketing, meetings, conference calls, and industry events with clients in a demanding, entrepreneurial and dynamic team environment.
- Day-to-day management of relationships with asset managers /portfolio managers, buy-side analysts, hedge fund managers, pension funds, traders
- Ensuring that firm research is disseminated and company management teams are introduced to appropriate clients.
- Penetrate potential new clients through the appropriate selective deployment of the research platform. Sale is consultative. Meetings with appropriate Company team members is key.
- Provide timely feedback to the team of client interaction, comments, concerns, etc. to ensure the highest level of performance on behalf of the Firm.
- Continually monitor research applications for developments, industry impacts, and related news items to inform accounts of events that could impact their holdings accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Minimum 8 years of experience in ECM, institutional equities sales or relevant industry experience
- Good knowledge and experience in capital market activities
- Strong sales and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and a team play, can work under pressure
- Excellent Command of Mandarin.
- International and friendly company culture.
- Competitive yearend bonus.
- Great annual leave package
- Great Career progression.
- Fully comprehensive medical insurance and personal insurance
- Great MPF Pension Scheme
Job Functions: Banking / Financial Services / Insurance
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Years of Experience: 8 Years