Compliance Director-Crypto Exchange
Focused on developing products and services for the digital assets sector, our client has rewired the traditional exchange to benefit asset holders, enable traders and increase market integrity. Supported by the group’s treasury, our client has created a new breed of exchange that combines deep liquidity, automated market making and industry-leading security and compliance to increase the accessibility of digital assets for investors.
As part of the development of the Compliance team, we are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic compliance professional as our Market Surveillance & Asia Compliance Lead. The candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing the Market Surveillance program, providing oversight of all Asia Compliance initiatives, and managing the regional Compliance team.
- Market Surveillance: Continually enhance the Market Surveillance and Market Integrity initiatives across the firm in line with regulatory expectations in all jurisdictions in which we operate; perform trade monitoring, reviewing daily surveillance alerts and reports and conducting investigations from alerts or from escalations of suspicious behavior; ensure market surveillance systems are fit for purpose, engaging with internal and external stakeholders as required to implement system changes and tune scenarios; perform annual market surveillance risk assessment; maintain the Market Surveillance framework as set out in policies and procedures supporting the firm’s overarching control environment.
- Asia Compliance Lead: Maintain oversight of all Compliance Risks in the Asia Pacific region, including AML, Sanctions, Market Integrity, Fraud, Regulatory Compliance, Employee Compliance, and Consumer Protection; implement the regional regulatory engagement strategy and build strong relationships with regulators; manage the Asia Compliance team; provide 2LOD advisory support to stakeholders on all compliance matters in the region; act as Compliance point of contact for key, strategic projects, including regional licensing applications.
- Support and deliver compliance training as required.
- Promote a strong compliance culture and awareness.
Experience & Qualifications
- University degree with compliance certification preferred;
- Experienced compliance professional with past roles in market surveillance, preferably in the cryptocurrency or digital assets;
- Experience leading and managing a team;
- Extensive working knowledge of global regulatory and financial services legislation, particularly as it pertains to cryptocurrencies and other digital assets;
- Team player with strong communication and influencing skills across all levels of an organization;
- Able to analyze and assess information quickly to make decisions and judgment calls;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing regulatory environment and industry more broadly