Assistant GI Actuary Manager
Harbridge Partners Limited
Central & Western Area
Posted on 30-Jan-23
- GI Actuarial, Policy and Development Division
- Experience in reserving, underwriting, claims
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in GI actuarial
Title: Assistant GI Actuary Manager
Location: Central, Hong Kong
We are working directly with IA on this hire. The Insurance Authority (IA) is an insurance regulator established under the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41). The principal function of IA is to regulate and supervise the insurance industry for the promotion of the general stability of the insurance industry and for the protection of existing and potential policy holders.
IA now invites applications for the following position:
- Reporting to Manager (GI Actuarial, Policy and Development Division), the incumbent will undertake the following:
- Support in subject matter expert topics, where the team provides expert support across teams and divisions. Topics include GI Reserving, Nat Cat Modelling and other RBC regime related topics.
- Support in developing the Risk-based Capital solvency regime and the monitoring approaches or analytical indicators for supervisory focus
- Keep abreast of the developments of insurance industry, conduct researches and conduct industry-wide reviews
- Provide support in developing legislation, rules and guidelines on insurance supervision
- Support in liaising with industry and professional bodies on actuarial topics relating to the regulation and development of the insurance industry
- Participate in IA’s information technology development projects
- Perform any other duties as assigned by senior management to facilitate the administration of the statutory functions of the IA
- A Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, statistics, finance, insurance, computer science or related field
- Part-qualified actuary with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in GI actuarial practices
- Experience in reserving, underwriting, claims, risk management, data analytics and/or nat cat modelling will be valued
- Knowledge of the local regulatory requirements, actuarial practices, insurance products, industry practices and market dynamics of insurance business
- Professional, strong business acumen, open-minded, and able to work within and across teams in a collaborative environment
- Strong command of written and spoken English. Chinese language ability is an advantage
Work Benefits/ Work Environment:
- Open and friendly company culture.
- Performance Bonus
- Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Medical insurance
- Great Career progression.
- Excellent career growth prospects
Harbridge Partners Limited
Employment Agency Licence: 68770