- paralegal,legal,documentation,kyc,due diligence,HK
- document review,drafting,administration,word,excel
- powerpoint,legal documents,banking,English,Chinese
(KYC, Due Diligence back-ground preferred).
Location: Hong Kong
Our client seeks a bright and organized legal, KYC or documentation professional to serve as a Junior Legal Documentation Specialist / Paralegal to work on their APAC wide legal advisory projects.
This position requires a highly organized person who can multi-task and quickly adapt to a fast-paced environment.
Multi-Lingual language skills and the ability to read and write in Chinese is a huge plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding business needs and preparing documentation requested by relevant subsidiaries and affiliates in the Asia Pacific Region and globally.
- Reviewing contracts and correspondence; obtaining necessary approvals from Compliance, Legal and Regulatory departments
- Reviewing and preparing banking documentation (including AML and KYC documents)
- Ensuring bank account opening process complies with regulatory requirements
- Communicating with local/foreign banks, exchanges and clearing houses
- Drafting corporate resolutions and certificates authorizing strategic business transactions
- Responding to queries from internal and external auditors
- Maintaining a legal documentation database
- Handling light clerical duties such as preparing courier packages, mailing, etc.
- Various ad hoc projects and not limited to some basic administrative work included
- University graduate from a reputable university ideally in a Law or Business related degree
- Paralegal or strong legal secretarial experience is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a legal setting or in the financial services industry is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Multi-Lingual asian language skills: ie. spoken and written Chinese: Cantonese & Mandarin is preferred.
Please send an updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org